Computer & Wi-Fi Use Policy
Computer and Wi-Fi Use Policy
- All members of the public are allowed to access the People's Library public computers.
- You must sign in at the front desk before you can use them.
- You will then be issued a 30 minute time code.
Public computers cannot be used to access adult content or material that may cause harm to others. You must also agree to the usage policy that appears on your screen.
- No food or drink is allowed while using the public access computers.
- If you require more time at the computers and if another person is not waiting to use it, your time can be extended. You must come to the desk before there is five minutes left or else we cannot extend your time on the computer. You will have to be re-issued a new time code if this happens.
- All patrons are allowed to re-queue and wait for the computers to open up again.
- All computers have a headphone jack available. Please use this if listening to music or other audio material.
- All computers have USB ports that are available to use.
- There is no direct printing from the public access computers. If you need to print something, there are two options available:
- Either use your own USB drive (flash drive, stick, etc.) or borrow one from us. Bring it to the circulation desk and we will print the file out for you. All files put onto the library’s USB drives are automatically deleted after you are done with them.
- If it is a website, please provide the exact URL to the staff at the front desk so we can find it as efficiently as possible.
- Printing costs are 10¢ per page
About Third Party Programs
- Third-party programs are allowed to be downloaded onto the public access computers provided they do not allow access to pornography or material used to cause harm to others. Doing so will result in losing all computer access privileges.
- Third-party programs downloaded to get around firewalls or to tamper with computer software will result in losing all computer access privileges.
- Staff will not provide support when dealing with third-party programs.
Public Wi-Fi Access
- Our wi-fi is called Library.
- Please ask the front desk staff for the wi-fi password.
- By using our wi-fi service you agree to not access pornography or material used to cause harm to others. Doing so will result in losing all access to our wi-fi.
- There is no cost or time limit associated with this service.
All terms are subject to change based on the discretion of library staff, the Executive Director, or the Board of Directors of the Manitoba Indigenous Cultural Education Centre Inc.
This policy is updated and correct as of March 11, 2015.