People's Library Loaning Policy
- Individual memberships may be purchased for $10.00 per year. Acceptable ID must be shown at the time of registration.
- Individuals may borrow up to ten books and five DVDs/CDs for a period of three weeks.
- All patrons are allowed one renewal for all loaned materials.
All Patrons Are Responsible for the Following:
- Returning all materials on time and in proper condition.
- Notifying the library of personal information changes such as addresses or phone numbers.
- The cost of replacement and repair of all damaged or lost materials while on loan.
- The payment of all fines and fees associated with the membership.
Overdue Material Information:
- You will be charged 25¢ per day per item, at a maximum of $20 per book and $5 per DVD or CD starting the day after the item is due.
- Patrons will be contacted via phone/email starting the first week items are overdue.
- All patrons with unreturned items five weeks from of the due date will be sent a final notice and will have two weeks to return the material to the People’s Library.
- After this period your account will be forwarded to a collection agency. Members will be responsible for paying all outstanding late and replacement fees for the materials as well as any costs associated with the collection agency.
Non-members are welcome to use materials on premises but have no borrowing privileges.
This policy is updated and correct as of March 11, 2015.